Monday, September 02, 2019

Training for my first week back (W/C 26.08.19)

Looking forward to recording my training back on here for the next few months in the lead up to Valencia marathon. This was my first week back after 2 off to end my season. Starting back up again I've felt a bit portly and off my game for the first few days but gradually perked up towards the end of the week.

I'm mostly running in Altra shoes at the moment - the zero-drop platform seems to be fairly good for my achilles issues which in retrospect appear to be more PF subsequently restricting the ankle joint. It's now working through a much wider range of motion and more of the impact seems to be going to my quads which are tired but can take it.

So - training for the week...

Monday Evening: 4 miles at 8:10mm - Easy loops around the Common with Gaby - puffing a bit more than I would like, 1198 BPM.

Tuesday Morning: 5 miles at 9:52mm - Easy in with Rob - Wandle looking beautiful this morning, 1223 BPM.
Tuesday Evening: 6 miles at 8:08mm - Easy track session, ***Km tempo at 3:30 then 10 x 400 off 60 - starting high 70s and finishing low 70s*** - in retrospect should have kept this at 80s and run with group 2, 1222 BPM.

Wednesday Evening: 8 miles at 9:55mm - Very easy miles home - 75 minutes, 1272 BPM.

Thursday Morning: 5 miles at 8:37mm - Doughnut Club is back! 40 easy minutes with Chris before a doughnut stop. No doughnuts were harmed in the making of this run, 1190 BPM.
Thursday Lunch: 5 miles at 9:28mm - Lunch shuffle along the canals, 1248 BPM.
Thursday Evening: 7 miles at 8:54mm - 6am route in the evening with Kev finishing at the pub - nice mix of hills, 1237 BPM.

Friday Lunch: 5 miles at 8:37mm - Easy lunch shuffle - legs feeling heavy, 1196 BPM.
Friday Evening: 4 miles at 9:57mm - Easy home after a surprisingly long-feeling 4 days week, 1305 BPM.

Saturday Morning: 5 miles at 7:10mm - Warm up, ***5k tempo at Dulwich Parkrun at 5:53mm***, wd, 1067 BPM.
Saturday Evening: 6 miles at 8:44mm - Easy hour with Gaby - legs feeling surprisingly okay, 1182 BPM.

Sunday Morning: 15 miles at 9:54mm - Easy 15 on the trails from home to Boxhill, nice to get 2:30 on my feet, 1345 BPM.

Total: 76 miles / 11 hours and 31 minutes / 9:06mm average pace 

Summary: A good first week back. Session on Tuesday was a little early but glad I did it. Overall volume was slightly higher then planned boosted by a triple day on Thursday.

Two light sessions got me moving again. Sunday's trail long run was fairly challenging on the legs but it was nice to get on my feet for two and a half hours and feel strong.

Next week will see a slight bump to 80+ hopefully and another couple of light sessions. 

No comments:

Bryn Running

Training diary and musings on running in general.