Thursday, January 07, 2016

London Training 2016 - Week commencing 28th December 2015

So with the new year starts another round of training as I try and firstly get back to my Abingdon shape and then push on!

Each week I'll update my training table below...

This was a pretty good week - I carried on recovering from my minor calf niggle with some good paced runs and reasonable volume. I was disappointed with the time of 35:34 in the NYE 10k but it was very windy, I paced it badly and my legs felt shocking from the outset so I'm not overly worried at present.

The Newport XC went much better with a cheeky win. I followed the early leader who broke away after about 400m and died off about 400m later. I then kept up a strong pace of about 6mm over some very muddy terrain.

I've started measuring HR as well which is definitely interesting. My lowest beats per mile came during the race which is perhaps expected with the "next" most efficient run being 1028 BPM.

Lots of hilly running this week - perhaps that's why my legs felt heavy at the 10k!

Training Table Week 1....

Week Commencing Mileage Time Running Average Pace Key Sessions Longest Run Most Efficient Run Sunday Weight
28th December 2015
55.4
6h 22m
6:54mm
Newport XC
9.1 miles
952 BPM
11 st 13.25 lbs

No comments:

Bryn Running

Training diary and musings on running in general.