Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Training Week Ending 13th November 2011

The next entry. It's good going back over this stuff and reminding myself what I did previously and the change in the past couple of months.

Week ending 13th November 2011

Monday: 8 odd miles with chasers easy
Tuesday: track session, 4x400 fairly relaxed then 3x800 with long recoveries in 2.19,2:17,2:21 with last one slower as got boxed in.
Wednesday: 4 miles recovery as got home from work early; pm: 12x14 second hard hillsprints as part of a 8 mile run
Thursday: rest
Friday: 9 and a bit miles at 7.34mm - bit of doms from hills
Saturday: am: 3 miles recovery jog; pm: 2.7 disjointed warm-up then 5.34 mile surrey league xc.at ham which was muddy but flat at 5.31mm and top 30 place, 2 mile wd
Sunday: 20 miles at 6.33mm along towpath.

Mileage: 68-ish.

Summary: Solid week with some fast relaxed track reps, hill sprints, a second decent xcrace in a week and a long run I'm still a bit astonished by. Mileage was a slight increase and as long as the trend is upward I'm not overly bothered. DOMS from the sprints shows that's still an area to work on and I've only got one vote season in although I've been better with foam rolling. Definite progress though which its what I need!

No comments:

Bryn Running

Training diary and musings on running in general.